Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Orientation.

Yesterday and today was Nursing orientation! Oh my goodness, i am going to be A NURSE!!! Holy cow. It hit me like a ton of bricks yesterday. I was so excited to lean that i will be in a hospital next week! Up til this point i have been in class, reading books, studying models, and listening to the teacher. Now I will finally have practical application. I won't lie, this scared the pants off me! Do i know enough? Will i be overwhelmed? The professors said that the first month will literally feel like a class 5 hurricane hit. They said that it is so overwhelming that they have counselors on staff strictly for nursing students. The good thing is, they are all pulling for us. They want everyone to succeed, so it's not a scare tactic or a weeding out phase.
I am so excited that i can't even sleep! I got like 3 hours last night and i am Jazzed! Oh my gosh oh my gosh oh my gosh OH MY GOSH! My dream is finally here. I have worked SO hard to get to this point. All the countless hours of studying, the stressful tests, waiting in line at 3 am to get a spot in the science classes i needed, mental shut down after finals, gallons on Mt dew....has all lead up to this point. I am here. My life as a nurse is starting.
Haha and somehow i know that i will look back and think, what a piece of cake pre-nursing was! That is of course in comparison to what is about to come. It's like giving birth to a baby. People can tell you how hard labor is, or how painful it might be, but you don't really know until you actually go through it. It's sometimes terrifying to know that you are about to go through something that some people don't make it through. Something that is SO hard, so strenuous, so life altering....but so worth it.
Here goes. I am so thrilled to be here. Finally! Blood, sweat, tears+ 2 years= Nurse Julie.

3 comments:

  1. Good job Sissy! I love you & am proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray! Congratulations on persevering and sticking it out to make it happen-you are awesome. :) Have a wonderful first day of school. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. woo hooo you can do it!!!! There's more than just the counselors/profs pulling for you. ;)

    ReplyDelete