Monday, February 28, 2011

Disappointment

This is not a happy post.
I am SO disappointed and discouraged. I have been looking for a few weeks for job opportunities and I have nothing. Right now Arizona is saturated with Nurses and hospitals are not hiring new graduates. Awesome... I have a degree that I have worked my butt off to attain and now I can't use it. I have worked so hard and now I don't have anywhere that will hire me. If I could score an interview I KNOW I could get a job. They would see my personality and how willing I am to adapt to their training and become a perfect employee.
I try to contact Human resources I get the lovely recordings that say only apply online. Once I get to the website all I get is online job searches to tell me "Not available for new grads....Not hiring New grads....Must have two years experience...." NOWHERE IS HIRING NEW GRADUATES!
My brain is full up of wonderful knowledge and IT'S COMPLETELY WORTHLESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Therefore I feel worthless.
I have been shaped into an expensive tool and no one is buying me.
So what now? What do I do? I need money, I want to help people, All I really want from life is to Help people! I would work for less money and harder hours! I am willing to bend over backwards and a freaking online application won't let me show that.
I want to work,
I need to work,
I am skilled and educated.
All for what????
To be a server? Hey at least if someone chokes on their steak I can come to the rescue. Or if I am the first person on the scene of an accident I will know how to help save their life.
And that pregnant mother who just happens to go into labor in the street, I'll be able to jump in and say "I'm a Nurse! Let me help you"
Yes, I will be able to say those words "I am a Nurse"
Yet, Am I working? Nope because no one will hire me, But Hey I'm still a Nurse!
How can I, A Nurse, Be worthless?
....It's kind of a sad day

4 comments:

  1. Hang in there Julie. :( Prayers headed your way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awh! I'm sorry Julie!! I know exactly what you mean. I'm going to be a Dental Assistant & every job posting I see says they want X amount of experience. It's like umm.. how exactly are we ever going to get started in our careers if we don't have any experience?! Anyways I sure hope you find a nurse job soon!! Don't give up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went to school to be an esthetician only to find out there isnt a need for them here and you dont get any benefits.

    ReplyDelete
  4. seriously! my hubby's in law school and we need a summer internship so badly. as does everyone else, i guess. good luck to us both. :)
    YOURS, MINE AND OURS

    ReplyDelete