Thursday, February 18, 2010

I am ready for it to be Summer

Well i have been ready for it to be summer since the first chill back in October. I have discovered that I really don't care for the cold. I am a Mesa girl through and through now. I miss my warm home. I am loving nursing school and am tollerating Cottonwood:) Once I made up my mind to like it here I have really started to see the good in it. I like...
-that everyone waves at you as you pass by in your car,
-people make eye contact and say Hello,

-I have a favorite sanwich guy and he knows my order,
-I actually know my neighbors,

-It costs 5 buck for the local theater,

-I get fresh eggs everyday from my ten pet chickens. I have 2 favorite chickens named Phoenix (she is dark red and absolutely beautiful!) and Spitfire (she chases me around and is the fastest, meanest, funnest, chicken we have)

This is Phoenix
And this is Spitfire


Those are just a few things about Cottonwood that have grown on me:)


I have not had much time to blog because I have not had much time to do anything but go to the hospital, study, sleep, and eat. Sleeping is optional at this point. I never thought that I could go without my sleep but I am doing it. It's only because this whole experience is so Worth it! I was able to be in the Operating Room this last Tuesday and I loved it. I got there at 6:30 am and literally did not sit down for ELEVEN hours! Not kidding! I thought my knee caps were going to fall off. Usually students get to see two or three surgeries at the most because it it so long to stand. I saw FIVE! Aw it was so freaking awesome! I observed a hysterectomy, a lower anterior colon resection, a cholecystectomy, exploratory laparotomy, and a hip nodule excision. I was so high after surgery that it made me want to go to Medical school....Mmmm

Medical school would be sweet but I don't think that it is what I really want for my Career. Being a MD would restrict my patient relationship in a way that I am not willing to accept. The Doctorate of Nurse practitioner would be a MUCH better fit for me:)
I have dreams of working through a Midwifery clinic and having all the skills required to bring as many wonderful babies as I can safely into this world.


My heart overflows with Joy when I think about children and babies. The miracle of birth is something that I cherish with my whole soul and I look forward to the day when I can begin delivering babies for others and hopefully (far in the future) delivering my own:)

1 comment: